Old Army radio test set
Voice of freedom
2005-02-19 00:02:53 UTC
I just came across an old army radio test set, a TS-970A/U built by Motorola.
Does anyone know how old it is, or if it might be worth anything? It's really
quaint, with a laminated instruction book and everything. Looks like maybe
1940's. I can't even find any reference to that number on Google.
--
A Voice Of Freedom in the
United States of America
Big Gun
2005-02-19 01:34:19 UTC
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:02:53 -0600, Voice of freedom
Post by Voice of freedom
I just came across an old army radio test set, a TS-970A/U built by Motorola.
Does anyone know how old it is, or if it might be worth anything? It's really
quaint, with a laminated instruction book and everything. Looks like maybe
1940's. I can't even find any reference to that number on Google.
It's worthless! send it to me! : )

Sounds cool, really.
Voice of freedom
2005-02-19 05:42:26 UTC
http://tinyurl.com/4z733
--
A Voice Of Freedom in the
United States of America
AUK Registrar
2005-02-19 03:39:28 UTC
Post by Voice of freedom
I just came across an old army radio test set, a TS-970A/U built by Motorola.
Does anyone know how old it is, or if it might be worth anything? It's really
quaint, with a laminated instruction book and everything. Looks like maybe
1940's. I can't even find any reference to that number on Google.
http://www.comforttexas.net/gallery/Misc-test-gear/TS_970_U_test_set

This site

http://www.73.com/specs/tf930.shtml

offers the following manual:

214-15 Radio Test Set AN/URM-94 (1958 -- 44-P) Covers Radio Test Set TS-970
RF Range 25 to 174 mhz Includes Schem & Parts list $24.00

HTH
Voice of freedom
2005-02-19 05:31:26 UTC
Post by AUK Registrar
Post by Voice of freedom
I just came across an old army radio test set, a TS-970A/U built by
Motorola. Does anyone know how old it is, or if it might be worth
anything? It's really quaint, with a laminated instruction book and
everything. Looks like maybe 1940's. I can't even find any reference to
that number on Google.
http://www.comforttexas.net/gallery/Misc-test-gear/TS_970_U_test_set
This site
http://www.73.com/specs/tf930.shtml
This one's the TS-970A/U, not sure what the difference is.
--
A Voice Of Freedom in the
United States of America
AUK Registrar
2005-02-19 18:18:13 UTC
Post by Voice of freedom
Post by AUK Registrar
Post by Voice of freedom
I just came across an old army radio test set, a TS-970A/U built by
Motorola. Does anyone know how old it is, or if it might be worth
anything? It's really quaint, with a laminated instruction book and
everything. Looks like maybe 1940's. I can't even find any reference to
that number on Google.
http://www.comforttexas.net/gallery/Misc-test-gear/TS_970_U_test_set
This site
http://www.73.com/specs/tf930.shtml
This one's the TS-970A/U, not sure what the difference is.
The only difference between the picture of the 970 I found and the one you
posted on eBay is that the unit in one of them was places in the transport
case upside down. Yours looks to be the correct orientation, with the lid
opening to the left.

The manual I mentioned in the second link covers the TS-970 as well as the
AN/URM-94.