Need dimensions of coils
Bizon
2005-08-07 14:43:00 UTC
Hello!
I live in Poland, so I don't have access to screws used id USA. I have
descriptions of coils wounded on these screws. Could somebody send me
dimensions of coils wounded on U.S. screws like diameter and lenght?
I need dimensions of these coils:
1. 6T #20 bus on ?-20 screw form
2. 5T #20 bus on ?-20 screw form
3. 4T #20 bus on ?-20 screw form
4. 5T #20 bus on 8-18 screw form
5. 3T #20 bus 6-19 screw form
6. 2T #20 bus 6-19 screw form

Thanks for help
Karol SQ2YD
Bizon
Karol SQ2YD
kilmister
2005-08-08 00:51:16 UTC
1/4 20 is about 1/4" or 6mm diameter
8-18 is .164"
6-19 is .138"

http://www.accuratescrew.com/info/SocketRef.htm

Examples of the sharp point coarse thread are 6-15, 8-15, 10-12, 12-10,
1/4-10. The first number is the body diameter and the second shows the
number of threads per inch

hope this helps

ve3sju
Karol SQ2YD
Bizon

Karol SQ2YD
Bizon
2005-08-08 07:51:21 UTC
Hello!
So in example coil wounded on 1/4-20 screw have 6mm diameter and
space between turns 1,27mm? I have to be shure..

Thanks!
Karol SQ2YD
Karol SQ2YD
kilmister
2005-08-09 00:43:38 UTC
i don't know how you would wind the coil, haven't wound a coil before but i
would think the the wire is to sit in the groove of the screw. there fore
you would have 20 windings per inch on a 1/4 20 screw and a diameter or 1/4"
or about 6mm.

brian
ve3sju