New antenna installation
DJB
2006-04-10 03:06:44 UTC
Group,

I plan to install a antenna in the near future. They only way I can get the
antenna wire to my "basement shack" is through the basement window. I plan
to install a double female bulkhead connector in the plexiglass basement
window. I also plan to install coax lightning arrestors on the incoming side
of the window with male uhf connectors on the antenna cable. The arrangement
will be like this: antenna-male uhf connector-coax-male uhf
connector-lightning arrestor-double female bulkhead connector-male uhf
connector-coax-male uhf connector-tuner-male uhf connector-coax-male uhf
connector-swr meter-male uhf connector-coax-uhf connector-radio. My question
is would there be any loss in the line due to using the double female
bulkhead connector and would it be significant??

Thanx,

Dave
Rich