Totally new
Jacob Sheehy
2005-03-21 03:13:42 UTC
Hello all,

I'm completely new to the world of ham radio. In fact, I'm so new that I
barely know anything at all. It's completely overwhelming searching on the
web for good stuff to read about how it works, the culture, and all, so I
was wondering if I could get any pointers to good websites that offer an
introduction? Searching using google for something like this just offers
too much information. Thank you.

Jacob
--
Jacob Sheehy
***@gmail.com
http://www.sheehy.ca/crypto/forum
Bryan
2005-03-21 05:15:01 UTC
Post by Jacob Sheehy
Hello all,
I'm completely new to the world of ham radio. In fact, I'm so new that I
barely know anything at all. It's completely overwhelming searching on the
web for good stuff to read about how it works, the culture, and all, so I
was wondering if I could get any pointers to good websites that offer an
introduction? Searching using google for something like this just offers
too much information. Thank you.
Jacob
--
Jacob Sheehy
http://www.sheehy.ca/crypto/forum
A good start would be Radio Amateurs of Canada. It's Canada's national ham
radio organization and can be found at http://www.rac.ca/. The US
counterpart is the American Radio Relay League (ARRL). It's can be found at
http://www.arrl.org/. Between the two, you should be able to learn
everything you want to know. Good luck!
Bryan, WA7PRC
Everett, WA USA