Vertical Base Antennas
DJB
2005-07-01 11:17:11 UTC
What is the best vertical base antennas for HF? I live in a area where a
restricted space antenna would be required and have its own radials.

Thanx,

DJB
Bob McGwier (N4HY)
2005-07-15 12:38:12 UTC
Post by DJB
What is the best vertical base antennas for HF? I live in a area where a
restricted space antenna would be required and have its own radials.
Thanx,
DJB
I have owned several verticals. Butternut, Gap, Cushcrap, etc.
NONE is better than the Steppir BigIR. I ground mount mine with
buried radials, not all full size, in my back yard of a 1/2 acre
suburban lot. It works beautifully. It is not cheap and well
worth it. On higher bands, 15,12,10, and 6 it has higher gain than
most because it can be operated as a 3/4 wave vertical.

Bob
N4HY
e***@thewrightsplace.us
2005-07-17 00:51:44 UTC