Meters help
Razzel
2006-12-12 20:39:07 UTC
I am running out of my junk box meters. So looked up panel meters at
"favorite" (ugh) r-shack = $12-14.
Thought about bargraph/led meters that is too much design and soldering
for too much $$.
Tried cutting out LCDs and pasting them in that is too much programming
-- yes!, I am lazy. Most engineers want the most for the least.
Have I missed something here?? With ICs, LED, CPUs, etc ad noseum we
were to get cheaper stuff. So wheres the beef??
Is there a short sweet and simple substitute for the analog panel meter
that requires just 2 wires to input that is not a test instrument? Did
I miss that in EE101??
Ron
cog
2006-12-13 07:01:29 UTC
Post by Razzel
I am running out of my junk box meters. So looked up panel meters at
"favorite" (ugh) r-shack = $12-14. Thought about bargraph/led meters
that is too much design and soldering for too much $$.
Tried cutting out LCDs and pasting them in that is too much
programming -- yes!, I am lazy. Most engineers want the most for the
least.
Have I missed something here?? With ICs, LED, CPUs, etc ad noseum we
were to get cheaper stuff. So wheres the beef??
Is there a short sweet and simple substitute for the analog panel
meter that requires just 2 wires to input that is not a test
instrument? Did I miss that in EE101??
Ron
found solution at:
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/test/014/