PK-232 Software
Topaz305RK
2005-03-29 03:17:06 UTC
Posting this for a friend.

He has an old AEA PK-232 unit and a new computer with Windows XP. He is
wondering what software folks are using to run this unit, if anyone still
is. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sam - K7SAM
Edward A. Feustel
2005-03-29 13:31:03 UTC
Post by Topaz305RK
Posting this for a friend.
He has an old AEA PK-232 unit and a new computer with Windows XP. He is
wondering what software folks are using to run this unit, if anyone still
is. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Sam - K7SAM
The following is from the developer of Packratt Software who sent it to me
when I asked the same question.
Regards,
Ed Feustel

AEA has been bankrupt since 1997, I assume you meant Timewave.

Please let me know which group you found the others talking about it. It
is illegal for anyone to distribute PakRatt, as I hold the copyright for
the source code, and Timewave owns the Trademark for the term
'PakRatt'.

PcPakRatt for DOS and PcPakRatt for Windows were discontinued in 2001,
since they are DOS and 16-bit Windows programs and Microsoft
discontinued support for DOS and Windows 3.x in 2001 also. Without
support from Microsoft, it's impossible to be able to support DOS and
Windows products with high quality.

For your Pk-232/DSP Pkterm for Windows is the PakRatt replacement. The
best deal on getting it, is purchasing it from Provtange via electronics
download. It's $58.91 from them at
http://www.provantage.com/pr_72828.htm which saves you $21.00 off the
retail price. The owner of Provantage is a ham and a good person.

Pkterm runs under any 32-bit version of Microsoft Windows. From Windows
95 to Windows XP.

Rick - W4PC