Bird 43 broken?
hhh
2005-07-11 11:19:30 UTC
I have a Bird 43 thru-line, about 5 yrs. old and use it mainly on marine
vhf and ssb. It seems to be showing only a few watts out on radios I know
are putting out full 25 w power. Can they break, is it dirty somewhere?
Everyone says they last forever.
Ken
Rod
2005-07-11 12:21:40 UTC
Hi Ken sometimes a good clean will fix it up have found that in my case a
good spray with a propoall thorough the unit and wipe it down after it dries
off
give it a try
Cheers Rod
VK2TWR
Ken
Jack O'neill
2005-07-11 20:33:31 UTC
Never heard of one going bad, short of it hitting the floor.
Maybe the slug is bad?? Find someone with another slug and give it a try.
Good Luck.
73
Ken
hhh
2005-07-11 22:43:45 UTC
I tried it on a SSB today with a different slug and it worked OK. I''l
clean it and try a dirrerent VHF slug. Thanks