Need Help with the install of a Saratoga EZ-PSK unit
MarioT
2006-07-19 01:13:04 UTC
I bought from Saratoga, their Serial EZ-PSK product , i installed the
software that came with it and installed it on two different machines, each
time the received worked fine, but i could not trigger the mike. (The
software shows that it is transmitting, but the rig stays in Rec mode)

I even bought a USB to serial connector and tried it with no luck, same
results. I have a ham friend who has the same exact problem.the only thing
we can think of is that that we are there missing a serial driver, if so can
someone please advise. Also it is installed on an Icom 706, does it have to
be configed in a certain way ?

i am running the software on a laptop with Windows XP home edition. any
input from a EZ-PSK user will be helpful, thanks 73's Mario
Christian Treldal
2006-07-19 05:55:58 UTC
Post by MarioT
I bought from Saratoga, their Serial EZ-PSK product , i installed the
software that came with it and installed it on two different machines,
each time the received worked fine, but i could not trigger the mike. (The
software shows that it is transmitting, but the rig stays in Rec mode)
I don't know your gadget, but I can help you with following genreral hints.
Post by MarioT
I even bought a USB to serial connector and tried it with no luck, same
results. I have a ham friend who has the same exact problem.the only thing
we can think of is that that we are there missing a serial driver, if so
can someone please advise. Also it is installed on an Icom 706, does it
have to be configed in a certain way ?
Many usb to serial adaptors doesn't have the dtr and rts lines working, if
your software expects them to be working it will fail. The big problem is
that noone are writing anything about this in the specs for the adaptors.
You have to try. By the way the 706 are not the easiest rig to key. I had
to use an extra transistor to ensure that the key was working properly.
Post by MarioT
i am running the software on a laptop with Windows XP home edition. any
input from a EZ-PSK user will be helpful, thanks 73's Mario
XP could be your problem. For security reasons xp dosent have access
directly to the ports, this issue causes all kind of trouble. Try win98,
or even better Linux instead.
--
Vy 73 de oz1gnn

Christian Treldal, OZ1GNN
"Remember Darwin; building a better mousetrap merely results in smarter mice."
J. D. B.
2006-07-29 13:42:32 UTC
I have no problem with XP Home Edition or ANY serial to USB adapters.
Respectfully, I am not sure why this other fellow made those comments as
I have 8 various USB to Serial adapters and they all work with soundcard
software. XP works like a champ. If you want to have problems, try
Linux, that's a nightmare with "driver" issues and just a general lack
of software.

I suspect since you are probably new to the soundcard software, the
issue may just be that you have not set-up the software correctly. What
software are you using? I have used most of it and can probably help you.