Operating in Canada
jflash
2005-05-30 03:06:57 UTC
My family and I are going on a cruise on Thursday to Canada. I already
have permission from the captain for operating on board. Is there
anything else important that I need to know? Any help would be
appreciated. BTW, I am taking (this is all I have anyway) my Vertex
VX-150 2M HT, a hand-mic, and possibly a homemade roll-up J;Pole antennae.
Randy Hergesheimer
2005-05-30 21:13:35 UTC
From the ARRL website:

When a US amateur operates in Canada, simply bring your FCC license,
proof of your US citizenship (a birth certificate or other proof) and
identify as call / Canadian identifier, like N1KB/VE3. At least once
during the communication, you must state your geographical location,
like "30 km north of Toronto."
http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/io/faq.html#canada

Randy
K5KDK
jflash
2005-05-31 03:12:39 UTC
Post by Randy Hergesheimer
When a US amateur operates in Canada, simply bring your FCC license,
proof of your US citizenship (a birth certificate or other proof) and
identify as call / Canadian identifier, like N1KB/VE3. At least once
during the communication, you must state your geographical location,
like "30 km north of Toronto."
http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/io/faq.html#canada
Randy
K5KDK
Thanks! I've read some in the ARRL Operating Manual, but this is exactly
what I needed. Thanks again! BTW, do you know if a passport would serve
as proof of citizenship?
Randy Hergesheimer
2005-05-31 15:18:29 UTC
Your passport will show your citizenship. You should never leave the
US without a passport. I carry mine even in the US if I travel.

Randy
jflash
2005-06-01 01:25:39 UTC
Post by Randy Hergesheimer
Your passport will show your citizenship. You should never leave the
US without a passport. I carry mine even in the US if I travel.
Randy
That's what I thought. Thanks!